Finance and Utilities
The Finance Department is responsible for Utility Billing and payments, Accounts Payable, Payroll and Benefit Administration, Accounting and Finance as well as customer service including reservations for the parks and Commons, banner permits, building permit applications, contractor registrations, right of way permits, voter registrations and receiving municipal court fine payments.
The City of Powell requires a completed Utility Service Application and Utility Deposit. You can stop by City Hall at 270 N Clark Street with your photo ID and deposit to complete the application process. Click here to complete the Utility Service Application, but signature must be completed in front of a Notary or City staff person. You could then mail the application along with a check or money order to 270 N Clark Street.
Residential or commercial: $300.00 per electric meter
Industrial commercial: Two month’s highest bill (or estimated bill)
Your deposit is held for one year, as long as you have good payment history in that first year, your deposit will be credited to your utility account. If you terminate services prior to one year, the deposit will be applied toward your final bill and a check for any remaining amount will be mailed to you.
Yes, please notify us before you move with the date you would like the services out of your name and provide a forwarding address. In most instances we are unable to back date a meter read, so you will be responsible for all usage up to the date you contact us. A forwarding address is needed in order to provide you a timely final bill and in order to ensure you receive your deposit refund (if applicable).
- Free and automatic, you can sign up to have your bill amount automatically deducted from your checking or savings account by ACH on the 10th of each month (or following business day if the 10th is on a weekend or holiday). Click Here for the ACH Authorization form.
- Mail your payments by check or money order to City of Powell, 270 N Clark Street, Powell, WY 82435
- Drop Box in alley behind City Hall (check or money order only – NO CASH)
- In person at City Hall by cash, check, money order, credit or debit card*
- Online by credit or debit card* at www.cityofpowell.com, Click Pay Bills
- Automated phone payments by credit or debit card* by calling 855-379-0552
- Automatic by credit or debit card* by signing up online
* All card transactions (credit and debit) are charged an additional 3% processing fee ($2.00 minimum) by the credit card processing company. The city does not retain any portion of this fee.